Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Retrieving package version numbers
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 21:58:06 +0200
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-04 16:59]:
That's unfortunate, is there any reason why this cannot be made
publically accessible?

Yes, the api is for developers in first place. We do not want to have
random load (and some requests can create a lot load) on our server
without control about it.

So we may abadone /public and ask our remote instances to use at login
at some point of time.

The information can already be obtained
as described in my intial mail, although that is quite a kludge
and inefficient as it requires several instead of a single
request.

Just create a user and use /source directly. If that user creates too
much load we can block it and talk back to you in that situation for
a solution.
Otherwise we do need to block entire IPs or access
to /public in general.

I don't think it is currently possible to create per-application
accounts which are not bound to a person but can be distributed
with an application, is it?
--
Guido Berhoerster