Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Retrieving package version numbers
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:50:05 +0200
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-04 16:08]:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 15:22:02 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-04 13:02]:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011 schrieb Vita Cizek:
On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 01:55:00PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
Hello,

is there a way to retrieve the version number of a package,
possibly even through the publically accessible part of the API?

For factory packages you can retrieve a summary with
osc api /status/project/openSUSE:Factory

Is the /status URL documented somewhere?
I can't find it at https://api.opensuse.org/apidocs/

I'd like to retrieve version number for a single package.

Then better use
osc api '/source/openSUSE:Factory/perl?view=info&parse=1'

Michael implemented this last week.

Through /public/source/<project>/<package>?view=info&parse=1
it is publically accessible.

This is pure luck due to a miss configuration in lighttpd setup.

Please never ever use /public, it is just for remote OBS instances
and may change at any time.

It is not part of official api.

That's unfortunate, is there any reason why this cannot be made
publically accessible? The information can already be obtained
as described in my intial mail, although that is quite a kludge
and inefficient as it requires several instead of a single
request.
--
Guido Berhoerster