From: ext Michael Schroeder [mailto:mls@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 January, 2011 18:14
To: Muthukalai Senthil (EXT-Wipro/Helsinki)
Cc: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Downtime of external OBS causes the local
OBS to hang

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 03:52:47PM +0000, ext-senthil.muthukalai@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
I am working on OBS QA team for Nokia.
We have some packages which are build against MeeGo repo.
Due to MeeGo OBS downtime on last monday, all the activities on our local OBS
were also stalling.
The issue is exactly the same as
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2009-09/msg00062.html.
I am trying to analyze this.
Was this an issue and has it been fixed?

We did a couple of changes in the innterconnect code, but I'm not
sure if they fix your stalls. (For example, the automatic retry
for failed requests didn't work.)

(A scheduler cold start will certainly fix the stalls, i.e. kill
all scheduler processes and restart them.)

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx