Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using buildservice distribution configs with local build utility
SOLVED

I've saved provided config as /usr/lib/build/ubuntu-lucid.conf and
^^^
invoke following command:

# BUILD_ROOT=/home/reddot/ubuntu-lucid-i386/ BUILD_ARCH=i386
BUILD_DIST=ubuntu-lucid /usr/lib/build/init_buildsystem --clean
^^^

You need to store the config in usr/lib/build/configs or specify an
absolute path in BUILD_DIST.

There was my typo in post, actual place where config was put
is /usr/lib/build/configs. However problem was eliminated once I
specified full path to config file.