Re: [opensuse-buildservice] one click install for fedora, mandrivia
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:02:41 -0500
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 15:25, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am 25.11.10, 16:26 -0000 schrieb Andrew Wafaa:

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 10:10 -0600, Paul Elliott wrote:

I have not used this feature in so long I have forgotten
how do you set up mandrivia, fedora so that one click
install works? Where is this documented?

When I tried it, it gave me a dialog that let me download
a ymp file. What do I do with this file?

I'm not so sure that they support the 1Click mechanism, I think you'll
find it is an openSUSE/SLE feature only.

As for the downloaded ymp you can open it in any editor that can cope
with xml and then extrapolate the repository and package requirements
from there.  Those distros don't understand the information being
passed.

The yum mechanism might be not supported.
However Fedora thierd party repositories[1] use RPMs[2] containing thre
repository and the according verification signatures.

Supporting these kind of RPMs general for all projects on OBS level would
expectedly make OBS even more popular.

Fedora and Mandriva do not support One-Click Install; That feature is
provided by YaST.
You may want to create a package, ex. "yourpackage-meta", that
Requires all the packages needed.

--
later, Robert Xu