Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Docs : Build Service Operations Guide .... help needed
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:53:12 +0200
Am Freitag, 24. September 2010, 00:06:53 schrieb David Greaves:
I thought it would be worth collecting information on managing an OBS:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Operations_Guide
(No, there is nothing useful there yet but it was about to be deleted)

Since this is generic documentation I thought it would be good to put it in
the
openSuse wiki rather than a more installation specific space.

I thought it would be a good place to put some diagnostic approaches too...

Comments welcome.

I have not yet look at them but it is great that more documentation is worked
on
at all.

This is really the biggest lack of OBS for a proffessional product in my POV.

Berthold and me had the plan to setup a classic docbook handbook in the not
to far future. Afterwards we wanted to merge existing and reviewed wiki content
into the handbook. The handbook would get maintained in some svn and our
docbuilder
would always generate current html and pdf documents out of it.

Would you be willing on joining to work on such a docbook handbook (it should be
easy to use existing docbook xml templates to add new chapters) ?

I would even remove the reworked parts in the wiki and just add a link there to
the online html pages. With the intention that more people join on the handbook,
but still everybody can add comments or new stuff to the wiki.

Does this sound like a plan or do you think this is contra productive ?

Btw, we could also mark text snippets or chapters as "openSUSE only" or "MeeGo
only",
so we could maintain our special handbooks in one svn.

again, thanks a lot for your documentation work.
adrian

Since I'm mentioning docs; I put together some of my notes on how I installed
distributed MeeGo community OBS with Xen workers:
http://wiki.meego.com/Build_Infrastructure/Community_Builder/Installation

David

SUSE Linux Products GmbH