Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Getting "broken" packages to build again
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:11:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday 2010-07-30 12:46, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx> [2010-07-30 12:24]:
is there any way to get packages marked as broken due to "rpc
timeout" to build again? I'm not able to trigger a rebuild with
"osc rebuild".

Depends on the reason of brokenness. If it is broken due to "could not
apply patch.diff", you can pull/merge/commit again. If it is broken due
to a typo in prjconf, tougher measures need to be taken - it seems that
just editing the prjconf does not reschedule a repository (especially
when the typo is in a linked project's prjconf).

The reason is a rpc timeout (Packman can be a bit unresponsive
sometimes)

Oh nothing new then, api.opensuse.org is unresponsive every second try or so.

I also get the impression that there may be interoperability issues
with packman, which used obs 1.7 or so last time I tried.
A 2.0 OBS seemed to construct URLs 1.7 is not aware about.

which is unlikely to persist. Of course I can make an
edit in order to force a rebuild but that also has the
consequence that other architectures/targets are rebuilt as well and
unnecessary updates are pushed out to users. Shouldn't an "osc
rebuild" for the specific broken architecture and target trigger
a rebuild, in other words isn't this a bug?