Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How do I transfer a file from a remote url with the new web ui?
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:14:06 +0200
On 06/22/2010 12:07 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Tuesday 22 June 2010 11:41:58 Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, once upon a time I could transfer a remote tarball from one url to
another without having to download (this is ok) and then upload again
(this is slow) now when I select add file and then add the remote url
and the file was then in my project package files. When I do this now I
get a "service" which I don't understand and no file.
Funny how whenever I'm having a bad day the build service makes it even
worse.

Just go to the file tab of a package and click on Add File. You can
either upload one or enter the URL.

bye
adrian

This doesn't work anymore, I get a service and the build fails because the
tarball mentioned in the spec file doesn't exist.
home:plater Mesa files, click add file, paste url copied from
ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/7.8.2/MesaLib-7.8.2.tar.bz2 into the
remote url box and click save changes and I get a file called sevice and a menu
at the top which I don't understand at all.
Try it and you may understand.
Regards
Dave P