Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for renaming 'build'
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:16:25 +0200
On Tuesday 15 June 2010 18:14:19 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 06:06:39PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Tuesday 15 June 2010 17:41:59 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 04:45:33PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
You are right of course that the build script can be used without an
obs server, but
on the other hand one could claim that it belongs to the "obs suite"
and is developed
as part of it.

It's not a part of obs, it's not even in the same git repository.

That is true, but I think we are free to say that "build" is part of the
"openSUSE Build Service Software Collection" ;)

That does not mean that you have to use always all parts of this collection.

So "perl" is also part of the "openSUSE Build Service Software
Collection", as it's also used by the build service?

How about renaming "kiwi" to "obs-kiwi"?

We don't develop perl and kiwi closely together with obs. But we do so with the
build script.

That was also the reason why we created a branch for build for the obs 2.0
branch this time,
because we had too many regressions in build during the obs 1.7 life cycle.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH