Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Working on Fate#309351: osc multiple package submit request
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:38:55 +0200
Am Montag, 10. Mai 2010, 04:49:18 schrieb victor.liu@xxxxxxxxx:

Hi,

Yes, we still need some discussion here.

At present, if we run osc sr in a project directory, it will create requests
as many as packages in the project, and regardless of if there is change for
a certain package.

So firstly, it should detect if there is any change in every package. If
there is no any change, no request will be created, otherwise a single
request will be created to include all the changes from all those changed
packages.

Yep, sounds good.

(Doing the seperate requests was implemented, because we have problems with one
big request with
SUSE internal tools. But we need to solve them anyway.).

Thus the issue is to identify if there is change from the source package to
the destination package.

Hm, maybe just do a rdiff call before.
We may can also add an api function which comes back with yes or no, telling if
there are changes. Maybe one call
for the entire project listing the affected packages.

Another thing (what I had in mind originally) was how to specifiy multple
actions on command line when
creating one request.
There can be also no-code relevant requests, like devel_change, add_role or
set_bugowner.

Just as an example

osc create_request "submit openSUSE:Tools/osc openSUSE:Factory" "change_devel
openSUSE:Tools/build openSUSE:Factory/build" "delete openSUSE:Factory/build.old"

for creating three actions in one request.

bye
adrian

Thanks
Victor Liu & Brook Hong