Re: [opensuse-buildservice] fedora's mock and opensuse's build
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:27:24 -0600
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 13:51, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 09:16, Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-03-11 11:34:06 -0500, Robert Xu wrote:
What is the difference between fedora's mock and opensuse's build? I
know that they both build RPMs, and they're written in different
languages.
But how come I can build my bzip2 spec file on mock and not build?
Does build do something different that might have caused this?

if you could tell us the problem you see, we might tell you why.

   darix

Sorry for the late reply.

For example, I can build a Fedora 12 gcc SRPM with mock for Fedora 12
i686, but I can't do the same with build. And also, it seems that the
obs cannot resolve dependencies that have file paths, like it'll say
something's broken if the dependency is /bin/someprog.

And for which distribution you build the gcc? If for openSUSE it's not a big
surprise it does not work. Can you cut&paste the command and an error output?

<snip>

checking for correct version of CLooG... yes
configure: error: GNAT is required to build ada
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.MOfqJN (%build)

x86_64:

expansion error:
nothing provides glibc(x86-32), nothing provides glibc-devel(x86-32)

Regards
Michal Vyskocil

--
Cya Later,
Robert Xu

Something that I've noticed is that fedora seems to pull in gcc-c++
automatically whether its in the BuildRequires: or not. When I've
taken a fedora spec and brought it over to openSUSE I've usually had
to add gcc-c++

Cheers,
Stephen