[opensuse-buildservice] Evaluation of the OpenSUSE building service
  • From: Marios Chatziangelou <mhaggel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:54:16 +0200
Dear all,

Currently we are investigating/evaluating a couple of building services (including the OpenSUSE building service) in order to select one that it is cover the needs for a institutional-level (and maybe more) package repository for scientific/academic purposes.

The chosen service **will not** initially be used as a building service, but only to upload pre-packaged rpms and debs. After an evaluation period and based on our scientific community needs/requests we will decide if we will use this service as a package building medium or not.

In this scope i would like to make some initial/high-level questions:
1. Can the OpenSUSE building service be used to upload pre-packaged rpms/debs?
2. Can the OpenSUSE building service be used also as a system for maintaining/managing a package repository?
3. Does the OpenSUSE building service authentication system supports x.509 digital certificates?
Plus,
4. If we finally use your service as a building system: Does the service cooperates with subversion for source code?

PS: if i post the email to an incorrect mailing list, please guide me on which is the correct/appropriate list for such queries.

Many thanks in advance,
M.

Marios Chatziangelou
IASA Grid Operations Center - Team Leader
Institute of Accelerating Systems and Applications
Tel: +302107257533 Fax: +302107295069
Email: mhaggel@xxxxxxx and WWW: http://www.iasa.gr