Re: [opensuse-buildservice] replying to messages in this mailinglist
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:41:15 +0100
On Wednesday 27 of January 2010, Lars Müller wrote:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:01:15AM +0100, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 06:03, aapgorilla <godutchnow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi I am a member of several mailinglists and for the other lists I am
a member of whenever I reply to a message it gets send to the
mailinglist, however whenever I reply to message from this list the
message gets send to the author of the message only.

On this list you must hit reply-all. The person that sent the message
you are responding to will get the message twice, but it is the only
easy way to do it because the list owners refuse to fix this problem.

Well, your mail client is not suitable for professional use then.
Good ones have a list reply function and even better ones set and
honor Mail-Followup-To¹.

[1] http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

Please see also

http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_munging

You are missing http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.html in the list.
And, more importantly,
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette#Personal_and_mail_list_answers
,
which is the authoritative document here.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer