Re: [opensuse-buildservice] replying to messages in this mailinglist
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:02:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday 2010-01-27 08:28, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 06:03, aapgorilla <godutchnow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi I am a member of several mailinglists and for the other lists I am
a member of whenever I reply to a message it gets send to the
mailinglist, however whenever I reply to message from this list the
message gets send to the author of the message only.

On this list you must hit reply-all. The person that sent the message
you are responding to will get the message twice, but it is the only
easy way to do it because the list owners refuse to fix this problem.

I would not call this a problem. That way, you can separate
general list chatter, and messages that are a reply to one
of your own messages.
Needless to say that you can edit ~/.procmailrc and add a recipe
to suit your needs. I still have

:0f
|/usr/bin/formail -bfi "Reply-To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx"

though it seems the X-Mail Header is now replaced by X-Mailinglist.