Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint error "no binary" for packages that DO contain binaries?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:10:27 +0100
On 12/14/2009 at 16:23, Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm building some stuff, and while the packages are 100% in order, rpmlint
complains about "no binaries" even though the packages contain working
binaries, in /usr/bin rsp. /usr/sbin.

why is that?
and is there a more "healthy " fix than a rpmlintrc workaround?

I never had this one as a false positive. Can you point me / us to your project
/ package so we can have a look at it?
Just because files are in /usr/bin does not make them binary... a shell script
resides there, without being binary.

Dominique