Re: [opensuse-buildservice] publishing linked packages
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:54:38 +0100
2009/12/2 Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2009/12/2 Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I've raised that issue long time ago already but there was no real
outcome IIRC.

As I'm managing a a popular repository which should be kept as stable
and reliable as possible I turning publishing off when I prepare a new
update package. I do that even before upstream released the update
officially to be able to release it at about the same time.
Now as the repo is popular there are people linking to packages from
there but in their repos publishing is not disabled and the packages
might get picked up as if they were final or whatever.

How to avoid that?

We have https://bugzilla.novell.com/440894
IMHO Dirk suggestion of automatically disabling publishing recursively
makes a lot of sense. If you are linking against another project it is
because you are compiling against libraries in there. If those
libraries aren't available to users the binaries compiled against them
should also be unavailable to users.

Not a good idea IMO. The packages in the disabled repo could be used for
building only (e.g. backport of newer cmake or some static library).

True. So do it only with repositories without the flag from
https://bugzilla.novell.com/505471
The flag is needed anyway for the 1-Click case.