[opensuse-buildservice] [BUG] BuildDepends doesn't find packages using multiple <path> entries
  • From: David Greaves <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:09:37 +0000
If a project A has a <path> to another project B and that has a <path> to C then
a package in A should look in A,B,C to resolve build depends

So.... if a project A has a <path> to another project B and that has 4 <path>s
to C,D,E,F then my package should look in A,B,C,D,E,F to resolve build depends.

The project
home:lbt:arm:cross:test

has 3 relevant repos
cross1-MerDevel_Ubuntu_9.04
cross2-MerDevel_Ubuntu_9.04
cross3-MerDevel_Ubuntu_9.04

cross1 builds against:
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross
Maemo:Mer:Devel
(Maemo:Mer:Devel has all the sub-projects in multiple <path> entries)

cross2 against:
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:bash
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:binutils-cross
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:bzip2
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:dpkg
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:fakeroot
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:file
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:findutils
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:gcc-4.3
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:gcc-4.3-cross
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:glibc
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:gmp
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:gzip
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:libs-armel-cross
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:m4
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:meraccel
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:make-dfsg
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:mpfr
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:ncurses
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:patchelf
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:perl
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:readline6
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:tar
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:zlib
Maemo:Mer:Devel

cross3 against:
Maemo:Mer:Tools:cross:aggregate
(:aggregate has all the individual packages copypac'ed into it)

The approach used in cross2 builds successfully (eventually - it spends several
hours in an "Expansion Error" state even after all packages were built).

Both the other approaches (using the same packages via different routes) fail to
build.

nb ... I'm beginning to look through the svn buildservice so pointers to the
relevant code would be appreciated.

David

Notes:
* the project introduces a Require: meraccel-x86lib via prjconf; it fails even
if this is in the .dsc
* the reason for all the subprojects is to prevent 'circular' builds. If there
is any way to remove "." from the BuildDepend search path that would help.

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."