Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Does osc modify gcc build flags?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 05:02:07 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 12. August 2009 13:51:29 schrieb Dave Plater:
On 08/12/2009 11:09 AM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 8/12/2009 at 11:05, Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've used -O2 -Wall -Wextra and I still can't get the uninitialized
variables to come up locally. Rpmbuild uses those switches by default,
it's still only osc which throws the "is used uninitialized" warning.
There must be something that osc does that plain rpmbuild doesn't.
Regards
Dave P

Are you refering to the initial checking of the result after the build
was successful? Yes, there are many more checks run afterwards, called
brp-checks and rpmlint.
Most of them are heuristic analysis of the built rpms and the compiler
output. (especially the 'initialized variables' are just collected from
the compiler log and raised as warnings so they are not just missed in
the huge build logs.

Dominique

When I use rpmbuild to build the package, I don't get any "is used
uninitialized" errors in the log but with osc build the errors are in
the log. This is using the same package and spec file.

osc build is setting the compiler flags according to the project config (check
via osc meta prjconf openSUSE:Factory).

This are currently these flags:

Optflags: i586 -fomit-frame-pointer -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: i686 -march=i686 -mtune=generic -fomit-frame-pointer -fmessage-
length=0
Optflags: x86_64 -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: ppc -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: ppc64 -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: ia64 -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: s390 -fmessage-length=0
Optflags: s390x -fmessage-length=0

Optflags: * -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -
fasynchronous-unwind-tables

SUSE Linux Products GmbH