Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What going on in BS: many packages downgraded
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:42:19 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2009 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:39:20PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Sure, I understand that from the view of my system. Ignore this POV for
now, it's just how I noticed the fact..

Let me put it another way:

I was under the impression, that BS _always_ increases package
revisions (of a certain release), but as noted, current version of
kdebase3
in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_11.1/i586/
is 3.5.10-50.2, but is was at 3.5.10-109.1 around the 20th of July.
See, revisions moving downwards! This is why I ask here. It shaking my
view of BS for the moment.

That's because kdebase3 got turned into a source link that points
to Factory. Still, it shouldn't behave that way, for some reason
the BS can't find out the correct package version for the source
link. I'll investigate.

That's something, I can very well deal with.. Even better, when it's a
_known_ problem that awaits its termination.

Thanks, and have a nice holiday, Michael.

Cheers,
Pete