Re: [opensuse-buildservice] unnecessary blocking between packages in a project.
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:08:44 +0200
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 02:10:33PM -0500, Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx wrote:
What I have observed is that when I rebuild pkgA in home:testbuild, pkgB goes
into a "blocking" state unnecessarily. I say unnecessarily because pkgB
should be pulling pkgA from the Integration project, not home:testbuild, so
there should not actually be a dependency relationship between these two
packages. Despite this, obs will block build of pkgA until pkgB has completed
its build.

I think you're saying that the blocking should also look at the
"useforbuild" setting, right? Sounds doable, please open a bug
in bugzilla for this and assign it to me.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx