Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Introduction - Udit Sajjanhar Gsoc 2009
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:29:23 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009 10:12:58 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009 09:50:02 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009 09:36:06 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
Hi Udit

I am Udit Sajjanhar from IIT Kharagpur, India.

I am working on implementing openid login into the
opensuse-buildservice.

That is great, nice to have you on board!

A public version of my gsoc proposal is available @
http://sajjanharudit.googlepages.com/openidproposal

Reading through your proposal I wasn't able to read about how
the openID capabilities can coexist with the currently used
iChain login mechanism in OBS.

I think it would make sense if one could link the current iChain
account and one or more openID accounts so that alternative
use is possible.

Have you thought about that?

Hm, I am not sure if we need this in our setup. We need anyway to ensure
that a user exists in the eDirectory (== iChain) database,

Why is that? Might sound naive, but I think it's time to revisit this
question.

Because we use the IDs for refering to other systems (bugzilla for example).
We use the login name as key (to map to email address for bugzilla) for
refering to the user.

This would break as long not all other systems would also accept openID at the
same point of time.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH