Re: [opensuse-buildservice] submitreq's are carelessly handled
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:29:58 +0200
Am Freitag, 1. Mai 2009 15:58:29 schrieb Christian:
Hi,

obs is amazing, and gives us a great chance to contribute to opensuse.
I'm using SuSE since 6.4 and I love it, no question.

In the past I had to modify/improve my packages to meet my needs.
Now there is the possibility to get this improvements not only to
opensuse via obs. This is great.

But the way submitreq's are handled is much more poor.
I have several submitreq's with no reaction for weeks or months. This is
really poor.

A simple reaction of the package maintainer 'Hi, thanks, will review
your mods' will be enough in first, but no feedback for weeks/months is
not acceptable IMO.

Indeed :(

While I have asked maintainers to check their open requests via

https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_my

I still think that we do not show open submit requests prominent enough.
A starting "My Work" page might be a good idea, but are there other ideas to
implement this to fit better in your usual working style ?

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH