Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc vc: configurable email adress
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:58:12 +0200
Hi,

On 2009-04-17 11:03:36 +0200, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
On Thursday 16 of April 2009 18:18:58 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
[snip]

Where do you get the address from? I think it would be great if this could
be specified in ~/.obsrc I for example NEVER use the email address I use on
IChain. simply becasue on IChain I have my work account registered (as
we're Novell Client I need access to NCC) but all the commits I do into OBS
are 'private' based.. so even though I use my business IChain account, I
would not want this email address to appear in the RPM Changelogs.

The new patch adds and optional email field to ~/.oscrc

[https://api.opensuse.org/]
user = login
pass = password
email = not@xxxxxxxxxxxx

So you can define an email for each API. If it was not found, then osc will
get a metadata from BS.

That sounds good:)

Just a small remark:

+ # user's email
+ apiurl = conf.config['apiurl']

Is it likely that "osc vc" will be executed in a non package dir/working copy?
If not it would be nice if you use something like:

# note if cwd is no working copy it'll bail out
apiurl = findpacs(os.getcwd())[0].apiurl

or

apiurl = conf.config['apiurl']
if is_package_dir(os.getcwd()):
apiurl = store_read_apiurl(os.getcwd())

This way osc always uses the correct apiurl.

Marcus