Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc version 0.116
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:01:24 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 20:53:12 schrieb James Oakley:
On Thursday 16 April 2009 05:20:27 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Create a new source link with the new --current argument:

# osc linkpac --current openSUSE:Factory osc openSUSE:Tools

This means that osc checks now what is the current revision in Factory
and refers to exactly this version (you see a rev="X" attribute in the
_link file). The effect is that a change in openSUSE:Factory has no
effect in openSUSE:Tools.

Oooh. I really like this. What would be even cooler is if you could do this
to an entire project to create a snapshot that you could build against.

I just tried it with "for pkg in `osc ls $project` ; do osc linkpac
--current $project $pkg $project:snapshot; done' but it takes a long time
for a project with many packages.

Yes, I thought also about to support this directly with osc. But it will not
run much faster than with your for script.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH