Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc version 0.116
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:53:12 -0300
On Thursday 16 April 2009 05:20:27 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Create a new source link with the new --current argument:

# osc linkpac --current openSUSE:Factory osc openSUSE:Tools

This means that osc checks now what is the current revision in Factory and
refers to exactly this version (you see a rev="X" attribute in the _link
file). The effect is that a change in openSUSE:Factory has no effect in
openSUSE:Tools.

Oooh. I really like this. What would be even cooler is if you could do this to
an entire project to create a snapshot that you could build against.

I just tried it with "for pkg in `osc ls $project` ; do osc linkpac --current
$project $pkg $project:snapshot; done' but it takes a long time for a project
with many packages.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx