RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: <Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:57:13 -0500
apologies for top-post(*)

There was an email a couple days ago with concern about the release strategy
and I didnt see followup (or missed it, in which case, apologies).

Basically, it would be really great if we separated out stable releases into
OpenSUSE:Tools and put beta releases into the -Devel project. This has affected
me in several ways:

-- It has been very difficult time for me with our IT staff when the "stable"
repo has "beta" packages in it. 'Beta' software requires extremely intensive
approval process that just drains the life from you. I know that there is very
little difference between them except the label, but our IT folk cannot be made
to understand.

-- We would like to have a couple instances running for different
international sites and I cant get the versions synced because of the churn.

-- some rpm upgrade problems (hopefully recently fixed) have prevented me
from doing regular upgrades because my obs instance kept breaking and requiring
attention after every upgrade

--
Michael

(*) travelling internationally and only have access to a broken email client.