Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:22:08 +0200
On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Stephen Shaw wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Password-less read-only access
------------------------------

discussed if we should drop password enforcement for read-only
mode

advantages:
- people can have a look at build service features, download
sources - search engines will index the build service

It sucks that it would be a week of work, but I think it would
appear more open and inviting. Also, not everyone wants to create
an account for just 1 file. I think it might end up pushing people
away?
BTW: there is a feature request in openFate about that:
https://features.opensuse.org/306192
That's the best place for discussion and voting.

Best

Stephen

disadvantage:
- one week work for abauer

We'll probably do it unless some valid reasons come up against
it. Need some more input from build service community.

Cheers,
 Michael.

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: