Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:13:07 +0100
On Jan 07, 09 08:25:00 +0100, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
I still recommends to use a normal directory structure after checkout (this
don't need any changes on server side):

osc co home:foo pkg -- > home/foo/pkg/pkg.spec
osc co home:bar pkg ---> home/bar/pkg/pkg.spec
osc co home:bar:subbar pkg ---> home/bar/subbar/pkg/pkg.spec

Yes, this is best for representing the structure in a filesystem.

Not needed to use an exotic separator, not needed to do huge rename of
projects, ... . And osc could have a -r/--recursive option to work on all
projects, or just with a current one (for example for osc up). It's easy to
decide, if the current directory is a package dir, or a project one (just
take
a look into .osc/).

Good point!

Only one constraint is project cannot contains package and a subproject with
same name. But this shouldn't be a huge problem, I hope ;-).

Well, this would need a policy, saying, that you cannot create subproject
home:bar:subbar if there is a package subbar in project home:bar and vice
versa you cannot create package subbar in home:bar if there is a subproject
home:bar:subbar.

Otherwise we get:

osc co home:bar subbar ---> home/bar/subbar/subbar.spec
osc co home:bar:subbar pkg ---> home/bar/subbar/pkg/pkg.spec

... strange mixed contents ...
Theoretically, it should be possible for osc to handle this correctly.
We don't allow directories in packages, do we?

cheers,
Jw.

<V> | jw@xxxxxxx (not a debating __/ _---|____________\/
\ | 0911 74053-508 excercise.) __/ (____/ /\