Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Factory & 11.1 repos - meta data primary.xml
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:33:56 -0600
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 01:04:28PM +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
We had tested the flavors of rpmmd with the Download on Demand parser,
and tested in practise with Fedora/Red Hat and openSUSE/SUSE Linux
variants, to be sure it works. Now I wanted to add openSUSE 11.1 and
current Factory, but did not find a primary.xml . Couldn't you call
createrepo for us ? Otherwise we have to write a third parser.

No, createrepo kills us. It's much too slow and uses too much
memory.

Dumb question: what in the nature of generating a package index
requires the memory usage to scale in proportion to the number of
packages, instead of being O(1) (constant)?

Or is creatrepo's algorithm just, uh, sub-optimal?

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs