Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: aledr <matrixworkstation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:29:58 -0200
Self added as volunteer.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> writes:
On Monday 08 of December 2008 11:32:14 Andreas Jaeger wrote:

As I see, the biggest problem with Contrib is simple. There's nobody who
really works on it. In the beginning it was Michal Marek who was really
active, but nowadays he changed his position and is busy the activity
stopped.

Maybe Pascal Bleser can do that or somebody of Interested peoples listed in
[1] or someone completely new. I don't believe that Contrib can works
without
someone who will be really interested.

So, how can we change this?

Problem: There is work to be done
Solution: Someone needs to work on it

Apparently no one has any real interest in doing it. Otherwise someone
would step up.

There really is no need to iterate over the same point over and over and
over again. Every repo lives and dies with its packagers. There is no
one interested in packaging for Contrib. Everybody says its a good idea
and that somebody should do it but apparently nobody does.

Or to give it a bit more positive spin:

If you want to work on Contrib and make this repo alive then get in
contact with Pascal or Coolo who are the current maintainers of this
project and package for it. Everything else we can figure out later.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson

[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre
"OpenSource Solutions for SmallBusiness Problems"