[opensuse-buildservice] How to bump release numbers?
  • From: "Andrew Jorgensen" <ajorgensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:34:38 -0700
We need to be able to force our release numbers to be higher than they are now.
We don't need any control over them after they are bumped, just a one-time
thing. Let me explain:

Suppose we have been building software in one repository and we need to move to
a new repository. Normally this would cause our release numbers to be reset to
start at 0. We want our users to see upgrades though moving forward. Actually
we rsync our repos off of the BS to another location, so for the users the
location won't change but the release numbers will suddenly jump down.

Now it's okay with us if to do this we have to tweak something in the backend
in some database or something as what we're doing is moving from OBS to an
internal service, but we need some way to do it.

Also, are our users going to have a problem if the signing key changes for the
repo? If they will have a problem is there a way to migrate the key over?

Thanks,
Andrew Jorgensen