Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Webclient Redesing
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:59:53 +0200

on Freitag, 25. Juli 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag 24 Juli 2008 18:02:35 schrieb Reinhard Max:
1. Put the input fields for the login credentials directly on the
front page, in place of the "Login" part of the current combind
"Register | Login" link.

For security reasons, the credentials are not handled by the same
server. Actually, the server rendering build.o.o does never see the
password. Therefore it would be not really easy/possible in secure
way to implement this.

There's always a way to do this. In this case, I can even offer two

- give the login form the correct target - I see no problems in sending
form data to the auth server this way
- embed the login form using an <iframe>

Oh, and if everything else fails, there's still the option to deliver
the whole start page directly from the login server...

Christian Boltz
Was haltet ihr von Lindows??
Tonne auf, Lindows rein, Lindows 'Erfinder' dazustopfen, Tonne zu, mit
Stacheldraht umwickeln, in die Sonne schiessen. Problem gelöst..
[> Glenn Charpantier und Phillip Richdale in suse-linux]