Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Webclient Redesing
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:59:53 +0200
Hello,

on Freitag, 25. Juli 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag 24 Juli 2008 18:02:35 schrieb Reinhard Max:
1. Put the input fields for the login credentials directly on the
front page, in place of the "Login" part of the current combind
"Register | Login" link.

For security reasons, the credentials are not handled by the same
server. Actually, the server rendering build.o.o does never see the
password. Therefore it would be not really easy/possible in secure
way to implement this.

There's always a way to do this. In this case, I can even offer two
ways:

- give the login form the correct target - I see no problems in sending
form data to the auth server this way
- embed the login form using an <iframe>

Oh, and if everything else fails, there's still the option to deliver
the whole start page directly from the login server...

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Was haltet ihr von Lindows??
Tonne auf, Lindows rein, Lindows 'Erfinder' dazustopfen, Tonne zu, mit