Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-buildservice (238 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service status
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:49:48 +0200
- Message-id: <200805271749.48538.adrian@xxxxxxx>
present: mls, abauer, ro, lrupp, froh, freitag, jcborn, poeml, adrian
Minutes taker: froh, all errors added by adrian.
- branch request takes devel project if no special parameter is
given, change is non-intrusive, will go life it works with local
Status xml schema has been extended to pass data to clients.
Will give back the real base project to the client.
- headed to the railsconf, Portland, OR, back Tue, 2008-06-10
- digging through buglets after obs update
- blog entry that OBS is open to everybody and that the openSUSE
project will allow everybody to contribute
- gave talk about KIWI internally, might get online as video
- fixed scanner bug of download redirector
- new osc commands implemented
- continued working on hermes web frontend (starship)
- devel projects are defined for most packages in openSUSE:Factory
via script, but some are missing. Needs to get fixed.
- Current maintainers will get a possibility to modify devel project
- preparing talk on openSUSE day on LinuxTag
- Coordinating 1.0 release announcement
- scheduler is much fairer now, works smooth enough on factory
- after bootstrap ~650 packages are built in parallel, blocking
scheduler reaction for a while.
- debuginfo support works now in backend (set debuginfo flag, this will
build debuginfo packages), added to templates, schemata, buglet
in API. this redefines %prep,%package so there is no need for
"%debugpackage". This needs fixes in the frontend right now to get this
- reluctance to activate debuginfo because of tight disk space
--> work around: don't enable debuginfo for now
--> real fix: quota, analyze disk usage and split away debuginfo and
source packages in not mirrored repositories.
- new osc release
- after this (svn only currently) added branch call
- respect $EDITOR if no check-in message is given, provide diff
- make osc more robust wrt meta data formats
- osc won't work on sles9 (python way too old). No real need to work on
- use current distro to build to old targets, old runtime is
supported, building new code on old environment isn't
TODOs for 1.0 release:
abauer: implement branch call devel project handling.
adrian: finalize devel project definitions in openSUSE:Factory
all: document how to use the new branch/merge request features
poeml: tell real target project when brancjing, depends on abauer to go life
add --ignore-devel-project switch to branch call
factory ftp tree generation has less priority than source handling.
mls: dig into quota handling
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5
Processes and Infrastructure Nürnberg
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|