Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: small patch for "osc commit" with big effect
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:29:54 +0200
On 20.05.2008 at 17:25, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 20 May 2008 16:10:18 wrote Pavol Rusnak:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
BUT with a small extension: the .changes files should be updated
in

the same moment (or the api should use this info for the
%changelog)

Generating commit message from changes file suits me better than
the
other way. What do others think?

Well, you may do multiple commits for just one changelog entry. The
user of
the package might not be interessted how many typos you put in during

version
upgrade ;)

Adrian, you still make typos? ;)

But you have a point there. Maybe a keyword like in
osc -m "c: <now comes the nice commit message>"

could be used to help us lazy spec file writers? c as in comment /
commit, just shorter.
In case the c: is omitted, we could treat it as a packager-only commit
log entry.

Dominique