Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing RPMs during %prep phase of a RPM building
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:48:07 +0200
On 2008-05-08 14:37:08 +0200, G. Massera wrote:
Hello everybody,
I need to install a RPM while I'm build an RPM ... or in other words, I
want to write into the .spec:

%prec
rpm -Uvh aStrangePackage.rpm

But I'll give an error because I don't have root privilegies and rpm
installation fails.
How can I do that ???

You should use BuildRequires. If you add "BuildRequires: aStrangePackage" to
your specfile the obs will install the package before the build starts. So
if you need a package for building you have to add it to the BuildRequires.

Marcus