[opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:15:52 +0200

* General Server Status
* OBS Release 0.9 Status

No team meeting this week, since several members are away and the rest is busy
on getting version 0.9 ready.

General Server Status:
======================

* The Frontend and Web interface has been deployed to current svn trunk,
including Rails 2.0 framework. It caused some problems but should be fixed
meanwhile.

Biggest problem exist for osc user, they need to remove their cookies
by deleting the file ~/.osc_cookiejar , since the cookie format changed
with Rails 2.0 (otherwise "Server internal error" might geht reported).
Most, but not all Webbrowsers handle this automatically.

* The backend is running fast and stable after several improvements. It
handles also baselib support now, this means the -32bit compat packages
gets build from the i586 packages and get submitted to the x86_64
tree. With this feature, all Factory distribution packages should be
buildable (packages which requires root rights do not yet build, but
we consider this to be fixed in the packages).

Initial imaging support has been submitted to the backend code svn.
This can not yet be used with the instance of .opensuse.org, but with
your own system. It does build images automatically, when submitting
kiwi config files as sources.

* The build system workers have been upgraded to new images, using new
kernel and XEN. We see things fixed, but also a new bug which caused
hanging build jobs during setup. We investigate to fix this currently.

OBS Release 0.9 Status

We are complete featurewise except for the branch handling (might need to get
slipped to version 1.0). Appart from that api.opensuse.org needs to support
the Inter Build Service connect.

Current test packages for 0.9 release can be found in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable
project in the obs-server-svn package.