Re: [opensuse-buildservice] what does blocked mean?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:00:12 +0100
On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:54:32 wrote John Calcote:
Hi list,

I've seen this error more than once - almost always on the opensuse
factory repo:

i586 | blocked | autoconf, automake, binutils, bison, bzip2, doxygen,
flex, gcc, gcc43, gettext-runtime, glibc, gmp, libgomp43, libmpfr1,
libopenssl-devel, libopenssl0_9_8, libpng12-0, libtool, ncurses,
openssl-certs, perl, rpm, zlib, zlib-devel

Anyone know what it means? Am I doing something wrong, or is the
system in a maintenance mode or something?

First of all, you do not do anything wrong ;)

Blocked state means that this package is depending on some other package which
is currently scheduled for building (or waiting for another one as well).

openSUSE:Factory is our upstream distribution, so you see this there quite
often, because the distribution itself is currently building.

If you want to try your package build _NOW_, your only choice is to use the
local build via "osc" tool.

bye
adrian