Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yabsc 0.4
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:21:23 +0100
On 3/7/2008 at 10:16, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 07 March 2008 08:41:52 wrote Dominique Leuenberger:
On 3/6/2008 at 19:56, James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On March 6, 2008, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
So my idea would be to have a 'My packages'-'project', where I
can put
my packages, that are cluttered over the whoe BS and show the
status for
all of those.. as that is actually what I am interested in...
(hmm.
after rereading, I wonder myself if anybody understands what I
mean...)

I'm sure you get the idea, right? Do you think something like
this would
be possible?

Do you speak about a "Watched Packages" like we have with "Watched
Projects"
atm ?

Yes, something in this form... as I described, I have about 20 packages
(ok, I'm a small fish in a big pool) across several projects. Especially
now with Factory upgrades, I see them failing from time to time (gcc
upgrades, whatever can happen) and it would be very handy to have 'my'
packages in an easy overview.

This is the sort of thing that should be implemented server-side.
If you
define this metaproject in the client, then it will break once you
move
or rename a package. You would also have to manually maintain the
list,
which would quickly become tiresome.

What would be better would be an API call that would return a list
of
packages
which the user is a maintainer of.

yes, we lack this definitive ...

Just created a bug entry for this #368084 .

I see what you mean... the problem there might be, that 'maintainer'
of a
random project has automatically maintainer status in the packages
below.
So just checking for packages with me as maintainer will possibly
return a
much larger list than I'm interested in.

hm, when you have suggestions, what kind of search results would be
interessting for you, please add it to the bugreport.

Thanks for the bug report.. I'll subscribe to it and should I have some
more comments, participate on it.

Dominique