Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:19:22 -0400
On March 5, 2008, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Well, the initial claim was that PyQt is not Pytonish. And looking a
bit into the manual of PyQt I agree 100 %.

I actually said that to point out that it's probably not a good idea to learn
Python from PyQt code. The same can be said for most toolkits.

The one exception I can think of is Tk. When I first started learning Python,
someone recommended the book "Python and Tkinter Programming"[0] because it
did a better job of teaching how to write pythonic code than the other books
that were available at the time. I'm very glad I bought it.

All that said, when creating graphical apps, I still prefer Qt.

[0] http://www.manning.com/grayson/

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx