Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build flags in web interface
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:32:27 +0100
On 2008-02-05 18:51:20 +1100, John Pye wrote:
Sometime not far back a new thing was added to the web UI for OBS that
prevented 'complex' flag combinations to be used from the web interface.
I get an error like this:

"ERROR Your flag configuration seems to be too complex to be saved
through this interface. Please use OSC."

I would like to comment that the direct result of preventing web UI
users from disabling certain builds is that they will tend not to
bother, and your compile farm capacity will be needless wasted. If it's
possible, could I urge that the full flag functionality be restored, and
even better, could some clever javascript/AJAX be used to make these
flag settings more responsive -- they are quite slow to use at present
(and I imagine this might have been part of the reason for the above
'error' message).

there is nothing to be restored. complex disable/enable configs where
always the domain of osc.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux