[opensuse-buildservice] Build-service repositories for stable openSUSE versions (10.3)
  • From: Smartysmart34 <smartysmart34@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:10:38 +0100
Hi all,

I had a kind of weird discussion these days about the openSUSE build-Service
repositories and I would like to get your feedback. If this is the wrong
location please redirect me to wherever this topic fits best.

My impression was:
As the default OpenSUSE 10.3 comes with some preconfigured repositories and
they are all named "openSUSE BuildService - xyz" I assumed that these
repositories are run by the openSUSE Project team. So I expected them to have
some sort of quality assurance even though I knew the content was not part of
the official final release. I valued them higher then any other "I put
together some stuff and if you want add my repo" privately run Repository -
at least regarding content, quality and trustworthiness.
But now someone told me, that these repositories are no better then any other
repository one can find out there. Is this right?

Or to put it the other way round: What is the difference between these
standard-shipped repositories and any other repository I could add?

thank you and kind regards,
Martin