Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build KMP's against latest 10.3 update kernel?
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:35:20 +0100
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:32:24PM +0200, Christof Hanke wrote:
Hi,

Helmut Schaa wrote:
I have problems building a KMP against the latest 10.3 update kernel at
[1]. I selected "openSUSE:10.3:Update/standard" as repository but it is
still built against the original 10.3 kernel.

Can somebody give me a hint?

I've been pondering about this for a while, since I'd like to compile
modules for a variety of kernel-versions. In my understanding, you'll
always get only one version (the original) with the repositories.
I think what I'll do is to include the header files of all kernels I'd
like to have the binary-module for as source files in the spec file and
then compile it against those.
But maybe someone has a better idea.

The Update repository should have our latest kernel update too. If not,
ask Adrian.

Ciao, Marcus