Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New design
  • From: John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:31:39 +1100
I like it too! But one small bug, the 'autoscroll' feature (that can be
used to watch the progress of builds) seems to be broken. This is with
current Firefox on Fedora 7.

Cheers
JP

Dirk Stoecker wrote:
Hello,

only want to say:

I like it! Really.

And when I like something I start to talk about details I dislike :-).
Some details may be improved, but looks really fine.

a) Would it be possible to only scroll the contents of the right box
(when
CSS and browser support it - i.e. optional). I think I read about that
possibility, when I last had a look at CSS.

b) On a monitor page at the bottom:

Updated at: 2007-11-07 09:20:48+01:00
[Back to xxx]
[Build Status Monitor]

The links can both be removed (also on lots of other pages).

The updated text should either go in the right side of the title line
showing the "Builder Projects xxx Status Monitor" or into the left menu.

c) One major request:

Reduce the SPACE needed for
- package display on project page
- repository overview on project page
- monitor page.

Possible ideas to do so:
- use symbols with mouseover texts instead of the texts
- use multicolumn tables
- different places
(ask your designers)

When I get the displays for home:dstoecker onto my 1280:1024 screen, I
will be happy.

Especially the monitor page with multiple repositories is a problem now.

d) Please be fast with adapting the design of the Buildservice data
pages :-)

Ciao