Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: How secure is openSUSE build service?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 11:37:10 +0100
On Saturday 03 November 2007 01:40:54 wrote Rajko M.:
On Friday 02 November 2007 12:32:03 pm Aniruddha wrote:
I think we should first focus on making the home:* repositories
more secure. What would best way to push this forward?

Initial phase:
Scanning binaries for known problems using some antivirus/rootkit software,
before actually publishing, even in home:* repositories.

I personally do not like this idea much, because it can cause the risk that
people believe that software is "good" if the scanner does not find anything
inside.

However, any scanner what helps manually reviewing is of course very helpfull.

bye
adrian