Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Timeout for long running tasks
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:42:10 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> > a) Break broken builds after a specific time (2 hours? How long take
> > kernel builds?)
>
> possible idea, but the kernel is not the longest possible build. I have seen
> jobs taking > 12 hours for serious ...

Set the timeout to an hour and allow to specify longer timeouts for
individual packages. There shoudn't be that many where this is required.

> > b) Allow the package owners/users to signal an abort build.
>
> might be a good idea, at least as long we also offer to trigger rebuilds.

What's the option instead of "rebuild triggering" when you say "as long".

> > c) When rebuild is triggered do abort build signal automatically as
> > the build is discarded anyway (to save computing power).
>
> IIRC this is already implemented

In this case it does not work (I would think).

But at the moment the buildservice anyway has some problems, so I'm not
sure :-)

- my pavuk package setpgrp() problem
- my ntrip package uses old spec-file also after updating (for some
distributions only)
- hanging builds

Ciao