Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:18:51 +0100
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 08:43 +0000, James Ogley wrote:
> > I guess that GNOME:UNSTABLE should be 2.17.x or so and GNOME:STABLE
> > 2.16.x or so. I can add you to the group.
>
> That would be great. In theory then, but GNOME:STABLE and
> GNOME:UNSTABLE can be ahead of whatever is in the current release
> version of [open]SUSE, even if only in terms of minor release number
> updates.
>
> GNOME:community then would allow community members (and remember, that
> includes staff) to build and host packages that do not currently, or
> simply will not ever, form part of the core [o]S GNOME install. It
> could then form a handy staging area for packages that may in future be
> included in the distro as well.
>
> Shall I create the GNOME:community project then? Would you (Stanislav,
> Gary, Rodrigo) like to be added to the group for it?

I guess the GNOME:community would be what you said, packages not
packaged in the BS, or new versions of specific packages. If so, I guess
it makes a lot of sense, so yeah, go ahead, and add me to the group :)
This might force me to maintain better the (only one so far) packages I
have in my home project.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>