Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Unneeded build loop
  • From: "Jigish Gohil" <jigish.gohil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:48:02 +0530
On 8/10/06, Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> either (a) override the first one or (b) be dropped until the first one
> is finished. I vote for (a), since people make mistakes and it's very
> probable that the second request is the right one.
>
> I guess that way we would spare some building time on the service.

I have had this problem before also. Definitely option A is the correct one.

I think it may be queuing for build for every uploaded file too, so if
we upload two changed files (spec and source tarball) it would build
twice. I may be wrong though.

It surely behaves that way uploading via web interface. Thanks to
buildservice irc (darix?) I no longer upload files that way.

It would also be useful for newbies like me to cancel the builds half
way if we realize we've made a mistake or is scheduled for a very long
time.

Jigish

PS. Sorry, the reply didn't go to the list the first time.

< Previous Next >