Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Release number
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:50:16 +0200
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 11:21:34AM +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> So it's a rather intrusive change, as you'd have to introduce spec file
> parsing on upload.

Actually I'm already parsing the specfile, because I need to know
the version for the check in counter. The parser just doesn't
look at a "release" tag.

> Because of that, my project manager instinct would say -1 (but that's
> Adrian's job ;))
>
> Would it be easier to set the minimum value for the release through
> project metadata (web-UI / osc editmeta ...) ?
>
> Also, consider that if you use the Release: tag as the minimum value on
> every spec file upload, then the build must also modify the spec file to
> actually set the current %{RELEASE} into the Release: tag.

The build already modifies the release tag.

The code would look like this:

on upload:
- parse spec file for version and release
- add one to internal checkin number for the version
- if release is bigger than checkin number, set checkin number
to release

on build:
- use checkin number and rebuild count as new release

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx