[opensuse-buildservice] Buggy net-snmp on 64bit machines
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:18:44 +0300
Hi Guys

The net-snmp service included with SUSE 10.0 incorrectly returns 64bit
integers for 32bit counters on the AMD64 platform. (I spent several weeks
trying to figure out why my NMS system could not correctly monitor my new
SunFire servers)

Updating net-snmp to net-snmp-5.3.0.1-36.2 available from the OpenSUSE
net-snmp project (http://software.opensuse.org/download/net-snmp/) solves the
problem, but this then breaks PHP and a number of other SNMP related apps.

Is there any chance of an official net-snmp update for SL-10.0 to fix this
problem or am I going to have to recompile php myself?

Regards

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/