Moved from Re: [opensuse-factory] Trust/rating system WAS: GNOME in 10.1
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:04:53 -0700
On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> On Saturday, March 04, 2006 at 15:06:04, James Ogley wrote:
> > > Now we are getting in the realm of the still not even defined
> > > trust/rating system.
> > > * Trusted 99%
> > > * Quality 95%
> > > * Downloaded more then 100 times
> > > * Some other attribute 70%
> > > * Some other attribute 50%
> > > Of course you could share these "settings" with other users of the build
> > > service and they could use pascal's stable settings too.
> >
> > Hey, that would be pretty cool, is there any info on when we might see
> > this happen? (Apologies if I've just missed a reference to it)
>
> Once you and me and all the other peepz that hang around here make it
> happen! :)
>
> We should take this to the opensuse-buildservice mailinglist and discuss
> it there.

I really like this idea as well. I wonder how this rating system will
work. How is quality and trust being defined. Also is the XML structure
discussed on opensuse-factory going to be used?

I think the structure could be modified to be used every where. That is
once it is defined and we realy define/rate quality.

quality != trust

but some individuals trust and quality are higher. They are related but
different.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>